Skip to main content

Health and Medication

What do I do if my child is prescribed medication?

If your child is well enough to be in school but requires prescribed medication, this will need to be signed in at the school office and the medication will be securely stored. This will then be administed by two members of staff.

What happens of my child has a medical/dental appointment during the school day?

You will need to inform the office about the appointment and provide them with evidence. If no evidence can be provided we are unable to authorise the absence from school.

How long before my child can return to school after an illness?

We ask that children only return to school once they are well enough. If your child has had a sickness or stomach bug, we ask that they remain at home until 48 hours after their last bout of illness.

What happens if my child has an accident at school?

There are a number of staff in the school who are first aid trained and can offer first aid and reassurance to children who may be injured. If the child receives a head injury, a note will be sent home to inform parents. If there is a significant...

What do I do if my child has headlice?

If you find headlice at home, please do not send your child into school until they have been treated. Once treated there is no need to stay away from school. You should advise the school office so that other parents in the schol can be made...

Dunswell Academy

Dunswell Academy, Beverley Road, Dunswell, East Yorkshire, HU6 0AD

Telephone: 01482 855279 Email: .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

Useful Information