Mrs Palmer, Mrs Carney, Mrs Gill, Mrs Chamberlain, Mrs Ryalls, Mrs Chaudhry and Mrs Ellis welcome you to Year 2.
Our Year Group News, March 2017
Our topics of the half term are:
‘The Life of Florence Nightingale’ and
‘The Life of Henry Needler’
Our author this half term is Roald Dahl (please note the change). We will be reading lots of his books at school – feel free to read as many as you can at home!
This half term, please remember …
· to bring your reading book in every day (2 books will be given out each Monday).
· Maths Homework on Mondays.
· to continue to practise your 2x, 5x and 10x tables.
· English Homework on Fridays.
· PE day is on a Monday and a Tuesday.
· Infant Library Trolley is each Wednesday (please ensure the record card has been signed).
· these important dates...
Wed 15th March – Reading Afternoon for parents
Friday 31st March – trip to York
Tuesday 4th April – Needler’s Sweet Factory opens
Tuesday 6th April - Easter Craft Day
You may wish to think of a suitable outfit for your child to wear on Tuesday 4th April - when they visit the Needler Sweet Factory, Tranby Lane, Swanland, HU14 3NE.
You may also enjoy reading Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl at home.